We know that as people we are unique right? Yet when it comes to health, we are continually ‘tarred with the same brush’. As a community we are categorised and labelled with any semblance of our individuality being lost to recommended daily intake and averages.
With labels come myths so we’d like to start with some of the most popular and damaging myths about people who are overweight; you will know these myths really well:
- people are overweight because they eat too much;
- dieting will help me achieve permanent Weight Loss;
- I should eat less food to lose weight fast; anyone can be slim,
- it’s all about calories in versus energy spent;
- fast weight loss just takes a little self-control;
- people inherit being overweight – there’s nothing I can do about it;
- skipping a meal per day can help you lose weight fast;
- breakfast is the most important meal of the day for sustained weight loss
- … and the list goes on and on and on.
Introducing Wellness Through Weight Loss
In Wellness Through Weight Loss we take a different approach. We understand weight problems as a symptom of a deeper problem and consistent with our approach we seek to identify and address that problem. Along the way we debunk a whole heap of myths and start you back on your journey to reclaiming your health. Our program focuses on the causes of obesity. We aim to get your body back into balance so you can function optimally and eliminate your causes of obesity.
In Wellness Through Weight Loss we use our proven 5 S.T.E.P.S. process to guide you and help you achieve the health outcomes you want. Our 5 STEPS process starts with an assessment that identifies the root causes impacting your health and weight. From there we test and verify our assessment using various leading edge testing tools. Then we devise and implement a strategy that is both sustainable and compliments your lifestyle.
Research shows that people who are supported throughout any weight loss program are more likely to be successful than those who are not. This is why we have included daily support in your solution; we are there to help you through any periods of doubt, confusion or fatigue should they arise.